Boston Events Calendar
Events in Boston
The Boston Marathon: 3rd Monday of Every April (Patriots Day)
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree is perfect hotel near the Boston marathon and its competitors. Our comfortable beds and easily accessible location makes going to and from Boston a breeze. Represent the city and cheer on all the participants. Here is some key information to note:
- Runners can stop for assistance or direction at one of the 26 American Red Cross stations positioned throughout the course
- Be sure to review all rules and regulations that have recently been implemented. Click here to view those in full.
- We are right on the highway if you need to get to Hopkinton for the start of the race or 15 minutes from downtown Boston.
Boston Red Sox Opening Day:
Visit the Green Monster and cheer the boys on when they open at home each year. Smell the freshly cut grass and hear the crack of the bat. Our hotel near Boston allows for visitors to easily get into downtown and access the stadium. For more information, please click here.
- 15 miles from our property, we’re only 25 minutes away from Fenway Park
- Be aware that it is still early in the year so dress appropriately
St Patrick’s Day Parade: (Sunday Closest to St Patrick’s Day)
Come celebrate Irish Heritage in the city of Boston. See the beautiful floats, hear the bagpipes, and enjoy the ambiance of cheer.
- The parade starts at 1:00 PM and will feature marching bands and flow through Boston’s south side, the most Irish neighborhood.
- The best places to view the festivities would be Andrew Square or the Broadway T Station. If those are too crowded, viewers should funnel to Broadway for the best experience.
4th of July in Boston and Braintree:
Celebrate the birth of our nation by coming out for the fireworks and festivities. Travel in to the Charles River where there are plenty of things to do. Listen to the Boston Pops, the distinguished orchestra who performs for almost 900,000 people annually in Boston. If you have no desire to go into the city, try the local flavor of the Stars and Stripes Parade followed by the festivities at Braintree High School.
- Live entertainment and fireworks will be available in both locations
First Night Boston: New Years Eve:
Ring in the new year while here in Boston. With plenty going on during the 11-hour event, including two fireworks shows, the Grand Procession parade down Boylston Street, live musical performances, and spectacular ice sculptures by renowned artists, there are attractions for everyone.
- Arrive early or before 1 PM when everything begins.
- Take a special cruise at 11pm from Long Wharf to see a spectacular firework show (tickets required